PRP hair treatment in Lahore is effective to treat alopecia and male pattern baldness. However, it is necessary to choose the best clinic in Lahore for PRP treatment to get desired results.
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) treatment has been in the news for good reasons. PRP therapy can show you hope if you are on the fence about outdated and painful hair loss treatments.
According to recent research findings by The International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery, the success rate of PRP therapy against hair loss is 80%–90%. However, the secret is knowing the right candidate for platelet-rich plasma treatment as the doctor evaluates the patient’s condition before the treatment starts.
PRP hair treatment in Lahore results in many hair loss conditions, including hair thinning, alopecia and androgenic alopecia. However, you need to look for the best clinic in Lahore for PRP treatment, as the selection of a renowned clinic and doctors vitally contribute to successful outcomes. So, always choose the best doctor in Lahore to avoid risks and side effects.
- PRP hair therapy is a minimally invasive procedure involving only PRP injections, not surgery.
- PRP hair restoration technique is less painful. However, your doctor may apply a topical numbing solution to the scalp to reduce discomfort. Sometimes, your doctor can mix local anaesthesia with PRP only when needed or strongly recommended.
- PRP hair loss treatment is well-recommended for multiple hair loss conditions, including hair thinning, alopecia, male pattern baldness etc.
- Platelet-rich plasma therapy for hair loss can take up to 6 weeks to show evident results. The outcomes entirely depend on the severity of hair loss.
- PRP procedure increases blood supply and improves hair calibre in 3 to 6 weeks with repeated treatment after every 2,3 months.
The entire process of drawing blood, spinning and injection can be performed in 1-2 hours.
- PRP hair treatment cost depends on several factors and the patient’s medical history.
- For the best PRP hair treatment, you must opt for a certified and professional doctor who ensures the finest results.
What is Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Hair Treatment?
Platelet-rich plasma treatment is a fantastic choice to promote hair growth. This non-invasive hair regrowth treatment is based on infiltrating blood platelets into the hair. The ultimate process of this treatment is to stimulate hair growth factors.
Platelets are one the major components of blood. Also, they are produced in the bone marrow and play a significant role in blood circulation in the human body.
Is Platelet Rich Plasma an Effective Hair Loss Treatment?
Hair loss and hair fall are pretty common issues among men and women. About 50 million men and 30 million women have recently lost hair. There are several causes of hair loss, but stress and age are the primary cause of hair loss.
Amazingly, technological advancement has introduced various hair treatments without undergoing painful hair transplant surgery. Nevertheless, each therapy has its reliability and success rate. You can choose the most suitable hair treatment in Lahore, Pakistan, according to the severity of hair loss.
One of those effective treatments is Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP). PRP is a substance taken out from the blood and injected into the desired area of the scalp to heal body tissues, including hair follicles, to speed up the natural hair growth process.
The centrifuge-like mechanism is used to separate blood from PRP and increase the concentration of specific proteins to speed up the healing process.
Therefore, PRP can be used to treat osteoarthritis and tendon injuries. Research has also confirmed that PRP therapy effectively treats male pattern baldness.
Researches on Does PRP Therapy Work for Hair Loss?
It is one of the most frequently asked questions about PRP hair treatment, and the answer is simple, i.e., ‘the results depend on the severity of hair loss and the surgeon you have chosen for the treatment’.
So, you can’t expect 100% results after the first session as you may need multiple PRP injections for hair growth.
In a 2014 study, researchers observed men who used PRP treatment for male pattern baldness. Amazingly, after 3-4 sessions, men had about 30% hair growth in the thinning area.
Besides, Italian doctors have also confirmed the importance of PRP treatment for hair loss in men. The treatment resulted in the regrowth of newly implanted hair follicles among men, and hair density improved too.
Key Steps Involved in PRP Hair Treatment
The process is simple, easy to perform and ensures effective results.
- PRP is collected using a blood draw
- The sample is then centrifuged to separate platelets and plasma from various blood components.
- The separated PRP is injected into the desired scalp area for the treatment.
Local anaesthesia is given to make the entire process comfortable for the patient.
Positives of PRP Therapy for Hair Loss
There are several reasons people choose PRP hair treatment not only in Lahore but worldwide.
- It’s a non-invasive hair loss treatment.
- It’s painless. You can feel pain in the treated area, but it’s temporary and subsides within a few hours.
- PRP therapy treats thinning hair and ensures natural-looking results.
- The treatment stimulates inactive hair follicles and enhances hair growth for a longer time.
- It’s a convenient hair treatment with no incisions and downtime.
- There are no scary side-effects
- This hair loss treatment stimulates hair growth procedures.
You don’t need to worry about risks and side effects if you choose the best clinic in Lahore for PRP treatment.
Potential Risks and Side-Effects of PRP Hair Treatment
Unlike surgical hair loss therapy, PRP injection is safe with minimum side effects.
- PRP injection can cause blood vessel injury on the scalp.
- You may experience nerve injury.
- Sometimes the treated area can get infected for a limited time.
- Scar tissues where injections are done
- Anaesthesia can cause muscle aches, but such effects start subsiding within a few hours.
Remember, every patient is different and can have different experiences during this cosmetic surgery.
What Makes an Ideal Candidate for PRP Hair Treatment?
No denial; PRP hair therapy is a safe and effective treatment for everyone. However, the outcomes and success rate depend on the selected doctor and the right patient for the therapy.
You shouldn’t go for PRP hair treatment if you fall into either of these groups.
- If you have underlying disorders, including lupus or thyroid. You can’t get desired results with such disorders, as these conditions will continue to cause hair loss.
- If you have blood thinners, then platelet will not affect productively.
That’s why selecting the best doctor in Lahore for PRP is imperative to decide whether you are an ideal candidate for PRP hair treatment. Besides, PRP hair therapy works well if you have lost your hair recently. It is quite challenging to wake up hair follicles that have been dormant for ages.
Therefore, if you have been experiencing hair loss for the past 5-6 years, then you are likely to enjoy hair regrowth. But, if your hair fall is not a recent incident, getting PRP hair treatment is not the best choice. You can put your money or time at stake.
Cost of PRP Hair Treatment in Lahore
PRP hair treatment usually consists of 3 treatments in 4-6 weeks. You may need maintenance treatment after every 4 to 6 months to enjoy better and more evident results for a longer time.
Therefore, it is difficult to determine the exact PRP hair treatment cost. Generally, the PRP hair treatment price is between 12,000-20,000 for each session.
Pricing depends on various other factors, including;
- Your geographical location
- The chosen clinic or hair treatment doctor
- Quality of equipment
- The inclusion of various other nutritional components
Remember, unlike hair transplant surgery, PRP treatment is a cosmetic procedure, and no insurance plan covers the cost of the treatment. Hence, it is recommended to check with your insurance provider to confirm whether your insurance policy covers your hair treatment expenses.
Can a PRP Treatment be Combined with Hair Transplant?
This treatment is recommended for people experiencing hair loss and who want to regrow their hair. The process slows down hair fall and improves your hair density with time. It mainly treats hair falling from the forehead, temples, and top of the head.
Conversely, a hair transplant is always a suitable option in case of severe hair loss. Besides, PRP is also effective in improving dermal papilla cells’ activity and your scalp’s microcirculation.
Expected Results of PRP Hair Therapy
Initially, the patient experiences hair loss soon after the treatment. However, hair loss is temporary, and hair regrowth starts after some time. PRP injections can treat alopecia, male pattern baldness and mild hair fall. The treatment is also advantageous for stimulating hair growth after pregnancy.
If you genuinely intend to enjoy PRP results for a longer time, you must go for several sessions. Usually, 4 to 5 sessions, spaced 5 weeks apart, can ensure optimal and long-lasting results.
Moreover, most doctors recommend annual results to preserve the results of PRP injections for an extended period.
Looking for the Best Place for PRP Hair Treatment in Lahore?
PRP hair treatment can ensure positive outcomes when choosing the best and renowned PRP hair treatment clinic in Lahore.
Gladly, the certified doctors in Lahore perform this advanced hair treatment after looking into every aspect properly.
Therefore, choose the best place for PRP treatment in Lahore and give a unique identity to your hair.