Q Switch laser is a popular for treating hyperpigmentation, wrinkles, acne scars and tattoo ink. You must consult the best cosmetologist to get desired results with no side-effects.
The laser is an ideal go-treatment for skin and hair-related issues in the world of cosmetology and dermatology. However, you must know that laser is a broad term as there are multiple types of lasers available these days with different utilization purposes.
Interestingly, nowadays, Q-switched lasers (especially Nd: YAG laser type) are getting massive recognition around the globe. The core purpose of Q switched laser is to remove dark spots and hyperpigmentation and rejuvenate skin. Besides, Q-switched laser treatment is used these days for tattoo removal.
However, it is imperative to consult an expert and FDA-approved dermatologist or cosmetologist to enjoy these YAG lasers’ desired and evident results.
- Q-switched laser is one of the most effective treatments to remove skin scars from the face, hands, and other body parts. Moreover, it is used to treat toenail fungus as well.
- In Q-switched laser treatment, a device uses a laser that produces wavelengths of 532 and 1064.
- The treatment is also known as laser tattoo removal, which removes skin wrinkle tattoos and congenital moles.
- The therapy is contraindicated for pregnant women or people with a history of herpes infection.
- There is no considerable side-effect of this laser treatment. However, a few red or brown spots can appear on the treated area of the skin. Don’t worry; they subside within a day or two.
- Avoid direct sun exposure for 24 hours after getting Q switched laser treatment.
- There is no exact cost of the treatment as it depends on the number of spots and the patient’s requirements.
- Researchers have also confirmed the significance of Q switch treatment. You can eliminate 75% to 90% of brown and red spots from your skin in one sitting. Perhaps, tattoo ink removal can take multiple sessions.
Therefore, you should consider this treatment to stimulate collagen production and give a juvenile appearance to your skin.
Everything You Should Know About Q Switch Laser
Nd: YAG stands for Neodymium doped Yttrium Aluminum garnet. It comes in two wavelengths – 532nm & 1064 nm.
Let’s not discuss the in-depth scientific work of laser treatment. Simply put, this laser treatment releases a high laser beam or energy in a billionth of a second. The primary purpose of the continuous laser beam is to attack pigments or tattoo ink in the skin.
Furthermore, the laser releases energy, breaks down pigments or tattoo ink into tiny particles, and flushes them off the skin and body.
These Q-switched laser treatments mainly deliver heat to skin cells and boost collagen production in the skin. As a result, your skin looks younger and fresh, and elasticity improves.
Why is Q Switched Laser a Suitable Treatment for Your Skin?
The Q switch is well-known for creating beam pulse generation compared to several other renowned laser treatments that make constant beams. Also, it delivers energy in instantaneous bursts. Q-switched laser is powerful enough to break down pigmentations and ink particles and stimulate collagen production to give a youthful appearance to the skin.
Another remarkable thing about this magical laser therapy is that the laser touches the skin in a nanosecond without damaging surrounding tissue and cells. Mainly, the omitted heat targets tattoo ink and skin pigmentations.
This multi-purpose laser treatment is perfect for;
- Removing birthmarks
- Tattoo removal
- Pigmentations and brown spots
- Sun damage
- Skin tightening
- Improves skin tone
Remember, the final results vary from patient to patient as they entirely depend on skin conditions and the patient’s needs.
What To Expect from Q Switch Laser Treatment
The remarkable thing about Q switched laser is that this noninvasive treatment involves minimal downtime. Your skin can crust soon after the treatment, but it’s pretty normal and a part of it. It is preferable to apply nothing on the red area of the skin to avoid scarring because skin crusting and redness get fine with time.
High energy is used to remove tattoos. That’s why; the tattoo removal procedure is a little painful. However, numbing cream reduces your discomfort during tattoo removal treatment. Besides, the downtime is more in this case.
After getting multiple Q-switched laser treatments, you can experience evident and satisfactory results once your skin is adequately healed. Not every time you need several laser therapies, as it all depends on your skin type.
You can expect multiple sessions to eliminate the issue permanently if you have varicose veins, deep dark spots, or pigmentations.
Cost of Q Switched Laser Therapy
As we discussed earlier, several factors decide the ultimate cost of this treatment, including your region, chosen clinic, skin type, etc.
However, the cost of a Q switch laser for pigmentation is Rs 10,000 (each session) in Holistic Care. At the same time, the cost of Q switch for birthmark removal is Rs 8000 for each session.
Lastly, the cost of Tattoo removal is Rs 5000 per session.
The final cost or expenses can vary if you are from another region/ country with complicated skin conditions.
Who is a Good Candidate for Q Switch Laser Treatment?
Gladly, Q switch therapy provides remarkable results to patients of all skin types. However, the treatment is well-recommended for patients with darker skin complexion and deeper pigmentations. The quick recovery time and minimum downtime make Q-switched laser suitable for everyone.
This laser procedure has also become a preferred treatment for patients suffering from age spots, sun spots, skin discoloration, and various other pigmentation types.
Q Switch Laser Benefits
There are several benefits of using Q Switched Laser technology these days. Nonetheless, we are highlighting some key benefits for you.
- The laser devices used in the treatment make it suitable for all skin types and colors.
- The generated pulses during the therapy can treat deeper skin layers and improve collagen production. As a result, your skin looks young and scar-free.
- You can trust Q-switched laser therapy to improve your skin tone and texture.
- You can get rid of fine lines and wrinkles.
- If you want to remove a birthmark or Nevus of Ota, use this laser therapy with pulse generation.
- It’s the renowned tattoo removal treatment worldwide.
- You can count on Q switched laser removing liver spots and brown age.
And the list continues.
The selection of a professional skin specialist can do wonders for you. So, make your selection wisely else you can put your money at stake.
Q Switch Laser Side Effects
Sometimes, the patient can experience unbearable pain, mostly during tattoo removal. If you have sensitive or loose skin, then you may expect bruises. But don’t worry; mainly, local anesthetic or numb creams are applied on the treated area of the skin to subside side effects.
Moreover, blemishes and sores are part of the treatment, and almost every other patient experiences them. The healing time is between 7 to 10 days, but if you have sensitive skin, then your skin can take more than the usual time to recover.
If Q switches laser treatment, the downsides mentioned above should not discourage or scare you because they are common and not life-threatening.
Also, remember, ‘No pain, No gain.’
How Often Should You Get Q Switch Laser?
Amazingly, the final results of this magical laser therapy last longer than your expectations. Sometimes, noticeable results start appearing after two sessions. Principally, three sessions are considered enough to achieve desired results.
Remember, take the next session after the gap of 3 months.
Post Q Switch Laser Treatment Expectations
The immediate shedding of skin pigmentations can result in noticeable redness and downtime. You may experience slower resolution of pigmentations for 2 to 4 weeks but with significant redness and downtime.
Patients mostly get desired results after the first sitting. But if you have severe hyperpigmentation, prepare your mind for multiple sittings and sessions.
Post-Treatment Instructions for Q Switch Laser
Here’s what you need to follow to get the best possible results.
- Don’t apply scrubber or exfoliating creams three days before or after the laser session.
- Avoid direct exposure to the sun for at least two weeks after the treatment, as sun rays can damage your treated area.
- Apply sunscreen of at least 30 SPF after every two hours to protect your skin from damaging sun rays.
- You can clean the treated area with tepid warm water. However, don’t take hot sunbaths or hot showers for at least 3 to 4 days.
Blisters may appear mostly after tattoo removal, but it shouldn’t scare you. You can consult your skin specialist, as he will further instruct you.
How to Get The Best Q Switch Laser Treatment in Lahore?
No doubt, everyone wishes to get acne-free and clear skin. Gladly, Q switch laser treatment is a ray of hope for everyone who wants a juvenile appearance for a longer time.
However, booking an appointment with an expert skin consultant is essential because your skin is no joke.
The best thing about choosing Holistic Care for your skin-related issues is that professionals examine your skin and decide the best treatment.
So, give your skin a unique identity and enjoy a vibrant appearance with us.